Did you know Canadians are the heaviest internet users in the world? Or that we watch more online video than people anywhere else?
These are some of the findings of a recent study done by the Canadian Internet Registration Authority.
If you’re doing business in Canada, you need to be fishing where the fishes are.
This means more than just a beautiful, informative website. It means video.
Video is fast becoming the preferred method of storytelling in our digital, screen-based world. It’s unparalleled at showing people, places and events as they really are. It elicits memory and emotion. It inspires action.
Here are 10 reasons your business needs web video:
1. Video engages more of our senses – and is the fastest, most effective way to make a big impact in a short time.
2. Video can show your product or service in action, something words and photos can’t do.
3. Video gives customers an idea of what you look and sound like, and starts building rapport and trust. Remember, people do business with people, not logos or brands.
4. Video presents a consistent message to every viewer, every time.
5. Video is cost effective. It has a much longer shelf life than print ads or TV commercials.
6. Video plays your message 24/7 … to the world.
7. Video helps increase your search rankings. YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google (and is owned by Google).
8. Video is easy to share through social media.
9. Using video shows you’re keeping up with technology.
10. Video increases conversion rates. Studies show consumers are more likely to buy a product or service after watching a video about it.
2014 is being billed by some as the year of online video. If you’re not using video to market your business, I bet your competitors are!
Not sure how to get started? We’d love to help! Contact Pro Video today for a free consultation.